Step 2 – Please familiarize yourself with the information on this page before proceeding to the application page.
What are the deadlines for submission?
There are two funding cycles per year. The deadlines are February 1 and August 1 before 5 pm ET.
What are the steps in applying?
- Enter your application and put it on hold until you are satisfied it is complete.
- Submit your application.
- The Foundation Directors will review the submission and a decision will be entered to accept or reject the application.
If rejected, you are able to submit a new application for the next funding cycle.
If accepted, you will receive an email requesting the submission of additional documentation by Feb 15 or Aug 15th.
- If you are able to submit the required documentation, your application will be entered for consideration at the April or October board meeting.
- Prior to the meeting, you will be contacted for a site visit.
- At the Board meeting in April or October, a determination will be made.
- You will receive a notice of denial or an award contract within a few weeks of the Board meeting.
If denied, you are not eligable to apply for two years.
If awarded, you must return a signed copy of the contract.
- Payment of awarded grants is usually made on June 15 or December 15 by check.
- A followup report is required after one year on the website.
What is the typical timeline of a general grant cycle?
|Feb 1/Aug 1||Pre-application discussions|
|Feb 1/Aug 1||Application submission on www.beveridge.org|
|Feb 2/Aug 2||President assigns applications to Directors for review.|
|Feb 5/Aug 5||Director initial review of submitted applications|
|Feb 6/Aug 6||President enters accept/reject decisions on website, generating email notifications to applicants.|
|Feb 15/Aug 15||Supporting documents submitted for accepted applications.|
|Mar 1/Sep 1||Site visits for selected applications|
|Apr 1/Oct 1||Site visit reviews and notes are posted to the website for those applicants visited.|
|Apr 1/Oct 1||President assigns applications to Directors for review.|
|Apr 15/Oct 5||Directors submit funding recommendations to President|
|Late Apr/ Late Oct||Board meeting to consider applications. Vote on awards.|
|May/Nov||Rejection notices and award contract mailed to applicants|
|May/Nov||Signed contracts returned to President for filing|
|Jun 15/Dec 15||Grant distributions mailed to awarded applicants.|
|One year following award||Grant review submitted on website by awarded applicants.|
Please note that certain dates are approximate.
My organization serves your area, but is located in a different ZIP code. How can I apply for a grant?
Simply enter the ZIP code of your organization's location in Hampden or Hampshire County.
Why doesn't the Foundation support my organization?
It is the Foundation's policy not disclose why an application or type of organization is funded or not funded.
If I have been denied funding, can I amend my application and try again?
If your application is denied without advancing to board presentation, you may try applying again at any time. If your organization is denied funding after presentation, you must wait two years to reapply.
If I have been approved for funding, can I apply again at a later date?
Yes. However, it must be at least two years following receipt of the previous grant payment.
What documents are required?
If you application is accepted in step 3 above, you will be asked to submit the following documents:
- IRS Form 501(c)(3)/509(a)
- A copy of the most recent letter of exemption from federal income taxes under Section 501(c)(3) and applicant classification under Section 509(a) of the Internal Revenue Service Code
- IRS Form 990
- A copy of the Internal Revenue Service Form 990 for the most recent fiscal year, if applicant is required to file. If your organization filed Internal Revenue Service Form 2758, Application for Extension of Time to File the Internal Revenue Service Form 990 for the most recent fiscal year, please provide a copy of Form 2758 and submit the previously filed Internal Revenue Service Forms 990
- Construction Bids
- Three (3) bids, if construction project
- Directors and Affiliations
- The names and affiliations of the members of the Board of Directors of Trustees responsible for the management of the requesting organization
- DON or CON
- If a hospital or other health-related facility, a copy of the Determination of Need (DON) or Certificate of Need (CON)
- Financial Statements
- Latest balance sheet and detailed income statement as audited by the organization’s certified public accountant (if such audits are made)
- Grant Administrator
- The name and qualifications of the individual proposed to administer the grant
- Project Budget
- Detailed budget of the project showing how the requested funds would be spent
- Source of Funding
- List of other sources of funding for this project
- Statement of Authority
- A statement on your organization’s letterhead signed by an officer other than the applicant that the grant request is executed by a person authorized to submit on behalf of the requesting organization
- Table of Organization
- Organization Chart
- Unit of Government
- If applicant is a unit of government, evidence of relationship
- Supporting Documentation – Other
- Optional: Other documentation vital to the understanding of the project or organization, such as an annual report.
- Management Letter
- If your latest Audit contained a Management Letter, please provide along with a narrative describing steps taken or planned to address the issues raised.